Welcome to the COVID-19 section of our district website. The health and safety of Sea to Sky School District’s (No.48) students, staff, and school community are of paramount importance to us. We continue to take guidance from our Provincial Health Officer, Minister of Education, and Medical Health Officer and are closely monitoring information shared with us. We will be updating our website regularly to keep you informed.
For the 2021-22 school year, districts and schools are transitioning from a COVID-19 Safety Plan to a COVID-19 Communicable Disease Plan. Please see the SD48 COVID-19 Communicable Disease Plan below:
SD48 Ventilation System Improvements Infographic
Superintendent's Welcome Back Message 2021-2022
(ARCHIVED) 2020/2021 COVID-19 Information
On March 17, 2020 the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) identified a pandemic risk to the province and declared a public health emergency and a provincial state of emergency related to the international spread of the Coronavirus-2019. The Ministry of Education, in collaboration with the PHO, has directed school districts to “begin the new school year with the goal to maximize in-class instruction for all students” under Stage 2 of the K-12 Education Restart Plan by “implementing a comprehensive suite of COVID-19 safety measures” and maintaining these foundational principles:
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for all students, families, and staff.
- Provide the services needed to support the children of our essential workers (ESWs).
- Support vulnerable students who may need special assistance.
- Provide continuity of educational opportunities for all students.
Further details of these directions can be found here:
- BC’s Restart Plan (Phases 1 to 4)
- K-12 Education Restart Plan (Stages 1 to 5)
- SD48 Safety Plan for COVID-19 Exposure Control 2020-2021
- BCCDC K-12 Schools and COVID-19
- BCCDC When to Get Tested for COVID-19
- BCCDC Impact of School Closures on Learning, Child and Family Well-Being During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Children & COVID-19 Information
- Learning Groups Infographic
- Prep Sheet for In-Class Instruction 2020-2021
- SD48 Arrival Plan for International Students
- SD48 COVID District Level Survey Results & Action Plan
- SD48 Enrollment Options & Registration Details
- SD48 K-9 Online Learning Menu
- SD48 Operational Changes to School Ventilation System to Limit Exposure to COVID-19-October 14, 2020
- Vancouver Coastal Health Community Partner Update-May 7, 2021
To review the COVID-19 Exposure Control safety plan for each school, please visit their web page.
If you are seeking a particular piece of information, or if you have any questions regarding our COVID-19 information, please contact Jennifer Morris at email@example.com