Welcome to the COVID-19 section of our district website.
The health and safety of Sea to Sky School District’s (No. 48) students, staff, and school community is of paramount importance to us. We continue to take guidance from our Provincial Health Officer, Minister of Education, and Medical Health Officer and are closely monitoring information shared with us. We will be updating our website regularly to keep you informed.
In this area of the website you will find:
- SD48 Safety Plan for COVID-19 Exposure Control
- BCCDC When to Get Tested for COVID-19
- SD48 COVID District Level Survey Results & Action Plan
- SD48 Enrollment Options & Registration Details
- Prep Sheet for In-Class Instruction 2020-21
- BCCDC COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 School Settings- (Updated Sept.11)
- Impact of School Closures on Learning, Child and Family Well-Being During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Learning Groups Infographic
- K-9 Online Learning Menu
- Messages from our Superintendent of Schools
- (Revised October 14th, 2020) SD48 Operational Changes to School Ventilation System to Limit Exposure to COVID-19
- SD48 Arrival Plan for International Students
- Children & COVID-19 Information
To review the COVID-19 Exposure Control safety plan for each school, please visit their web page.
If you are seeking a particular piece of information, or if you have any questions regarding our COVID-19 information, please contact Jennifer Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org
On March 17, 2020 the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) identified a pandemic risk to the province and declared a public health emergency and a provincial state of emergency related to the international spread of the Coronavirus-2019. The Ministry of Education, in collaboration with the PHO, has directed school districts to “begin the new school year with the goal to maximize in-class instruction for all students” under Stage 2 of the K-12 Education Restart Plan by “implementing a comprehensive suite of COVID-19 safety measures” and maintaining these foundational principles:
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for all students, families, and staff.
- Provide the services needed to support the children of our essential workers (ESWs).
- Support vulnerable students who may need special assistance.
- Provide continuity of educational opportunity for all students.