School Facility Health and Safety
- Occupational Health & Safety teams met prior to schools returning from spring break to develop school safety plans.
- Pandemic response guidelines are posted at each school/facility
- Our SD48 Exposure Control Plan re COVID-19: March, April, May 2020 has been distributed to all of our schools/facilities and is posted on our district website.
- All schools have daytime and afternoon/evening custodians sanitizing frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- All schools will have an administrator and a clerical staff member on-site throughout school hours.
- Access points to all buildings are controlled with visible signage for instructions regarding entry.
- We have communicated to students and families regarding access to schools for the retrieval of personal items from lockers and/or required resources for ongoing learning, such as technology provided by the school or district.
- Work is underway on the creation of enhanced safety and cleaning protocols for an eventual return to school and work. This includes a new Room Readiness Policy and Procedures whereby all rooms in the school district will be set up at the end of each work day in a predetermined manner designed to ensure maximum opportunity for deep cleaning.
- As of June 1st, here is our new SD48 Exposure Control Plan re COVID-19: June 2020.