We are committed to ensuring that all learners are provided opportunities to meaningfully engage with their teachers and classmates online:
- We have provided over 1000 internet-enabled devices (iPads, Chromebooks, and laptops) to students for home use.
- We are supporting a number of families by providing at-home internet access, thanks to generous partnerships with Base Technology and Telus.
- Teachers are connecting with students and families through a variety of district-approved platforms, such as Google Suite for Education, All About Me, SeeSaw, and MyBlueprint.
- Video conferencing is taking place through Google Meet and Zoom.
- A district webpage of online resources for teachers has been created, including a curated list of grade and subject-specific websites, how-to webinars, and related guiding documents from the Ministry of Education and our school district.
- Ongoing bandwidth monitoring and communication with NGN providers is taking place when we experience significant slowdowns.
- Alternate paper-based learning resources and materials will be made available as individual circumstances warrant.